Inducted on November 13, 2008
Judging Record: click
Refereeing Record: click
Supervising Record: click
Eddie Cotton is an American boxing referee out of New Jersey. He has worked numerous world title bouts and has proven that he will deduct points or disqualify fighters for repeated fouls. Although he primarily works bouts in the Northeastern United States, he has also refereed in Germany, Romania, Mexico, Poland, Kazakhstan, South Africa, Russia, and the United Kingdom. He is to be distinguished from the well-known boxer of the same name.
Elected as a board member of the IBF at the International Boxing Federation’s 2014 convention.
- Daniel Geale vs. Darren Barker for the IBF Middleweight Title
- Gennady Golovkin vs. Matthew Macklin for the WBA and IBO Middleweight Titles
- Marco Huck vs. Ola Afolabi (3rd meeting) for the WBO Cruiserweight Title
- Tyson Fury vs. Steve Cunningham
- Seth Mitchell vs. Johnathon Banks for the NABO and WBC International Heavyweight Titles. – Banks gave Mitchell the first loss of his professional career via second-round stoppage.
- Wladimir Klitschko vs. Mariusz Wach for the WBO, WBA, IBF, IBO, and The Ring Magazine Heavyweight Titles
- Bernard Hopkins vs. Chad Dawson (2nd meeting) for the WBC and The Ring Magazine Light Heavyweight Title
- Yoan Pablo Hernandez vs. Steve Cunningham (2nd meeting) for the IBF and The Ring Magazine Cruiserweight Titles
- Marco Huck vs. Denis Lebedev for the WBO Cruiserweight Title
- Juan Manuel Lopez vs. Rogers Mtagwa for the WBO Super Bantamweight Title
- Yuri Foreman vs. Cornelius Bundrage – an accidental clash of heads led the bout to be ruled a no contest
- Wladimir Klitschko vs. Ruslan Chagaev for the IBF, WBO, IBO, and The Ring Magazine Heavyweight Titles
- Tomasz Adamek vs. Johnathon Banks for the IBF and IBO Cruiserweight Titles
- Kelly Pavlik vs. Gary Lockett for the WBC, WBO, and The Ring Magazine Middleweight Titles
- Vinny Maddalone vs. Jason Barnett – Barnett was deducted a point and later disqualified for headbutts.
- Lovemore N’dou vs. Paul Malignaggi (1st meeting) for the IBF Light Welterweight Title
- Wladimir Klitschko vs. Ray Austin for the IBF and IBO Heavyweight Titles
- Hasim Rahman vs. James Toney (1st meeting) for the WBC heavyweight Title
- Lennox Lewis vs. Mike Tyson for the WBC, IBF, IBO, and The Ring Magazine Heavyweight Titles. – At the time, was the highest-grossing event in pay-per-view history and aired on both HBO and Showtime. Was named 2002 Knockout of the Year by The Ring Magazine.
- Eric Lucas vs. Vinny Pazienza for the WBC Super Middleweight Title – It was the last title fight of Pazienza’s career.
- Oleg Maskaev vs. Hasim Rahman (1st meeting) – Fight was given honorable mention for “Knockout of the Year” by The Ring Magazine
- Shannon Briggs vs. Frans Botha
- Shane Mosley vs. Jesse James Leija for the IBF Lightweight Title
- Shane Mosley vs. Demetrio Ceballos for the IBF Lightweight Title
- George Foreman vs. Lou Savarese for the WBU Heavyweight Title – Savarese, who was deducted a point in the eleventh round lost to Foreman via split decision. It would be the last win of Foreman’s career.
- Riddick Bowe vs. Andrew Golota (2nd meeting) – Golota was disqualified after repeated low blows
- Danell Nicholson vs. Andrew Golota – Golota was deducted a point for an intentional headbutt
- Eddie Hopson vs. Moises Pedroza for the IBF Super Featherweight Title – Cotton’s first recorded world title bout